Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By coolkid
Have recently been given an iphone 6 so duly cleared it all off and transferred everything from my iphone 5s
all good except i am now getting absolutely crap reception on my Hits mobile network, therefore not always able to use mobile data or receive call. Seems to be intermittent but never very good
Have tried resetting mobile settings, taking sim out n in again, blowing the sim cavity etc but cannot get stable service

And advice gratefully received
By TVTechnology
Not so easy to answer! Blowing on the sim won't help.

Seemingly the antenna in the new phone does not work as well for one reason or another as the old one (which should really not be the case) - nothing else you can specifically do - other than put in a mobile booster antenna in your house to deal with it - not ideal or that cheap (below)

https://www.myamplifiers.com/?gclid=Cj0 ... oLEALw_wcB

So aside from booster option, you may either need to change your mobile service provider so not Orange/HITs? or sell the iphone for another mobile/cheaper Android phone? Perhaps the iphone 6 has been dropped once or several times and the antenna or connection within has been slightly damaged - without pulling the phone apart, guesswork - and too expensive to bother to fix on an older iphone.

I had issue with Orange years back, no matter what mobile we used, was poor reception in the house, gave up in the end and switched provider, problem solved - we couldn't find another solution (other than the mobile booster, but signal was poor locally, not just in-house at the time).

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
By Sheff_Blade
Probably unrelated, but I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 mobile. For some time it has annoyed me that when I'm at the football, others around me are on their phones checking football score, browsing around the web etc yet my phone was appallingly slow. They'd be merrily clicking between pages whilst I'd be waiting minutes for one page on BBC, or wherever, to refresh. I put it down to Vodafone reception in that area until I tried changing my phone settings to discover it made a huge improvement.

In Android I went to settings >> connections >> mobile networks >> network mode. It was on 4G/3G/2G (auto connect) so I 'lowered' it to 3G/2G (auto connect) and the improvement was considerable.

I'm no expert on mobiles but you would have thought the phone would click-down for the best reception, but it was obviously determined to use 4G.
By coolkid
Got a horrible feeling you are right tv technology, its about the only think that makes sense :-(
By TVTechnology
In Android I went to settings >> connections >> mobile networks >> network mode. It was on 4G/3G/2G (auto connect) so I 'lowered' it to 3G/2G (auto connect) and the improvement was considerable.

I'm no expert on mobiles but you would have thought the phone would click-down for the best reception, but it was obviously determined to use 4G.
This is useful & could be relevant - a forgotten old trick. Sheff Blade is correct, 3G reception in some locations is better than 4G, most phones when set on auto will of course go to 4G & if 4G weak, then 3G quite often offers better reception - though will be slow for the internet. However if just the calls are the issue, i'd see if you can change the settings as he suggests (if you can on phone) from auto/4G to 3G and see if that helps. Certainly worth a try.
By MisterE
There is also another little pointer.

Have you authorised the appropriate apps you are trying to use?

Settings - mobile data - scroll down to enable/disable app(s) as required.
By coolkid
Wifi use is fine, its just making and receiving calls is the problem. Looks like I'll have to go back to my iphone 5 as keep missing calls and struggle to ring them back when i get notifications šŸ˜
By Conrad
you could go in to settings and roaming then mobile data in there you can change it so that voice and data use 3g only
New Members !!

It`s gone. ... happy now ... at least I have a[…]

So where are we all going?

No one mention the ahem, you know...the *cough, ah[…]

football streaming

hi all. does anyone know any decent sites for stre[…]

Now 10 Euro for quick sale.

Spanish Residency & Brexit

I heard a rumour that the new appointments were p[…]

It probably depended on their "status" […]

Done - PM sent

TV after Brexit