Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is For Anything To Do With Electronics

Moderator: Moderator

By woodhams
Anybody else have this problem. Since Windows 10 installed on my computer the DVD drive does not work and will not recognize any disc.
Anybody got a quick fix?
By freddo
I f you know how to get into device manager look at disc drives on the list and open the arrow at the side then you will see the DVD drive right click on that then chose uninstall then close down the computer or laptop
When you start up Windows will install the DVD and select the correct drivers

If stuck pm me
By woodhams
freddo wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:12 am
I f you know how to get into device manager look at disc drives on the list and open the arrow at the side then you will see the DVD drive right click on that then chose uninstall then close down the computer or laptop
When you start up Windows will install the DVD and select the correct drivers

If stuck pm me
Cannot see how to pm you???? Tried what you said but dvd not working, put dvd in and nothing happens, when I click to open drive it tells me to putt disc in although a disc is already in the drive????????????????????????
By freddo
To PM someone Click on their name and on the page that opens up look at
Bio Personal Information and in the bottom right corner there is a symbol that looks like a Q just click on that
By Sheff_Blade
Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter button

In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.

Re-boot PC and it should re-install with correct drivers
By Lincoln45
woodhams wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:54 pm
Anybody else have this problem. Since Windows 10 installed on my computer the DVD drive does not work and will not recognize any disc.
Anybody got a quick fix?
This is a known problem when upgrading to Windows 10. Microsoft uses its own driver, dated 21-06-2006, which overrides the makers driver. If you are lucky (unlikely from experience) whichever company made your computer might have done an updated driver for your model to work with Win 10.

The drive normally still works in CD mode when playing, but you can't record to a CD.

So for anybody thinking of upgrading to WIn 10, be warned!
By woodhams
Thanks everybody for your help but the answer was so simple I never believed that it would work but it did. Just a simple cotton bud cleaning the drive and lens and it works
O.K. again.
By Lincoln45
freddo wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:50 pm
I must have upgraded over 100 computers to Win 10 and have only had the problem once
Its a big problem with the TSSTcorp drives. If you google it, you'll see its a big problem.
New Members !!

It`s gone. ... happy now ... at least I have a[…]

So where are we all going?

No one mention the ahem, you know...the *cough, ah[…]

football streaming

hi all. does anyone know any decent sites for stre[…]

Now 10 Euro for quick sale.

Spanish Residency & Brexit

I heard a rumour that the new appointments were p[…]

It probably depended on their "status" […]

Done - PM sent

TV after Brexit