Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By kenbowns
Bankia does have a cuenta-on account which they claim is charge free but I'm not sure if that is open to non-residents.

Yes it is, I bank with Bankia and will be looking into the Cuenta On account when we go over in Sept.
Dave on this forum has already opened this account, he is non res, it is online only and fee free.
By SenorHillsy
kenbowns wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:28 am
Bankia does have a cuenta-on account which they claim is charge free but I'm not sure if that is open to non-residents.

Yes it is, I bank with Bankia and will be looking into the Cuenta On account when we go over in Sept.
Dave on this forum has already opened this account, he is non res, it is online only and fee free.
Yes, we are also non residents and we have had a Cuenta-On account since June last year and have paid no charges whatsoever thus far.
By faolteam
freddo wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:26 pm
https://www.bancosantander.es/es/partic ... ount-spain

open with Chrome or Edge with Translator opens in English
Just checking correct me if I’m wrong Fred but this bank is charging €10 euro a month?
The Non Resident Mundo Account is a non-interest-bearing current account1 with a maintenance fee of €10 per month

My own is charging €85 but the Bankia Cuenta-On account looks the one to go for
By freddo
I just put the link on to the english site I did not say anything re charges sorry
By faolteam
Is there a particular bank Fred you might recommend for non residents for cheaper fees or are they all around the same price
By Wendy
Thanks everyone she went with the Santander mundo account yes there is a €10 per month charge but they allowed her to open the account without an NIE, and she was able to put the DD's on that she needed to do, she may find cheaper eventually but this suits her for now. thanks again x
By bolton wanderer
freddo wrote:N26 seems good
I've got this account, it's fee free & easy to set up direct debits for Spanish utilities. I use Transferwise to fund the account from my UK bank. Very happy with it so far. :) I'll be cancelling our Sabadell account on our next visit. :D

https://n26.com/en-gb/open-n26-account? ... gIL8fD_BwE

You need to change the Residency country to Spain during the application if you want a Spanish account & IBAN. You'll need a Spanish postal address to receive the debit card but we just used the local mail shop.
By superdupergarycooper
I bank with Sabadell and transferring funds from Halifax in the UK to Sabadell is very quick, sometimes almost immediately. If I can have this service with another Spanish bank with low bank charges I would change because Sabadell charge far far too much. Any advice/ recommendations?
By SMG
The Bankia Cuenta on is free of charges and is available to non residents
By Sheff_Blade
superdupergarycooper wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:19 am
I bank with Sabadell and transferring funds from Halifax in the UK to Sabadell is very quick, sometimes almost immediately. If I can have this service with another Spanish bank with low bank charges I would change because Sabadell charge far far too much. Any advice/ recommendations?
If you use TransferWise website with a debit card to send money from a UK bank to a Spanish bank then it is instantaneous, and the rate is very good. Did it last week as I was logged into Bank Inter and the money appeared within seconds.

Surplus to needs following move On sale on Amazon […]

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The dilemma is...h[…]

Thanks for the update Oldboy So each owner (other […]

avatel 300megabtyes HAHA

How I wish I could get that Try the test on fast[…]

Has anyone here ( or a close friend/relative ) had[…]

Thanks very much for that information Bee

I was in Alicante Airport in Friday at 12 pm there[…]

UBER Taxi Servicce

Uber don't operate in this area of Costa Blanca al[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities