Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Wendy
sorry to ask this again, need a car from 3rd Sept to 12th Sept I usually use Coys but all of their smaller cars are rented out, tried Easyoption same their just the more expensive cars available, so can anyone recommend a decent honest car company please
By brianq
At Alicante airport I only use Drivalia (short transfer by minibus) or Centauro (office in Arrivals & car on Level -2 car park). I only pay the basic price as I have an annual excess policy for £45 p.a. Never had any problems re rip-off charges or dodgy damage claims. I book Drivalia via autoeurope.co.uk which charges in £ sterling & has free cancellation. Book Centauro direct on their website which also has free cancellation & gives a few benefits after 3 rentals.
Look at unbiased reviews or google for any car hire company that you are considering, some of the larger companies have horrendous reputations for rip-off problems.
As probably stated many times before, always check car thoroughly on Pick-up & take several photos of car on Drop-off.
Opt for fuel Full/Full to avoid excessive fuel charge on Pick-up (in reality it means returning car with same position indicated on fuel gauge in which case I take photos of fuel gauge on Pick-up & Drop-off in case of dispute later).
Just looked on Centauro site, shows €37.66 for Sept 3 - 12 using 12 noon for both for a Nissan Micra size car
By kenbowns
Even Centauro have lowered themselves and charged me for damage that I hadn't caused on my last visit in June, insurance4carhire in the UK settled my claim within a week, so if you are using Centauro in the future look out for a dark blue VW Polo because I am certain that the said damage will not have been repaired.
Have to say that this is the first time this has happened to me in 17 years of regular rental so I suppose I am lucky, it had to happen sooner or later.
As the above poster advises, I do all of that too but it stops short of laying on my belly in a badly lit car park at 9.30pm, which is what was needed to see the scratch on my car.....they knew what they were looking for.
By superdupergarycooper
Had a very similar problem with AVIS BUDGET at Alicante airport in June this year. Picked up car at @9:30 pm, checked car thoroughly as possible in dim lit car park; on return transpired that there was a scratch damage ( which may have been there already), got charged 350euros, fortunately Direct Access Car insurance in the UK reimbursed me without any problems after having provided them with proof of what the hire company charged me. This was the first time this has happened to me in 16 years and this was the first time I had used AVIS BUDGET through a British Airways booking. Never again using AVIS BUDGET! Be warned.
By brianq
brianq wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:36 pm
At Alicante airport I only use Drivalia (short transfer by minibus) or Centauro (office in Arrivals & car on Level -2 car park). I only pay the basic price as I have an annual excess policy for £45 p.a. Never had any problems re rip-off charges or dodgy damage claims. I book Drivalia via autoeurope.co.uk which charges in £ sterling & has free cancellation. Book Centauro direct on their website which also has free cancellation & gives a few benefits after 3 rentals.
Look at unbiased reviews or google for any car hire company that you are considering, some of the larger companies have horrendous reputations for rip-off problems.
As probably stated many times before, always check car thoroughly on Pick-up & take several photos of car on Drop-off.
Opt for fuel Full/Full to avoid excessive fuel charge on Pick-up (in reality it means returning car with same position indicated on fuel gauge in which case I take photos of fuel gauge on Pick-up & Drop-off in case of dispute later).
Just looked on Centauro site, shows €37.66 for Sept 3 - 12 using 12 noon for both for a Nissan Micra size car
Update on Drivalia
Daughter & family have just returned to UK & were charged €30 for sand on the carpet which would need a special clean!
Extra cleaning charges cannot be re-claimed from annual excess policies.
So it seems Drivalia have now joined the brigade of ripoff merchants determined to screw as much extra as possible from customers who don't take their Full Cover Rental.
Beware.
By Union man
brianq wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:35 pm
brianq wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:36 pm
Update on Drivalia
Daughter & family have just returned to UK & were charged €30 for sand on the carpet which would need a special clean!
Extra cleaning charges cannot be re-claimed from annual excess policies.
So it seems Drivalia have now joined the brigade of ripoff merchants determined to screw as much extra as possible from customers who don't take their Full Cover Rental.
Beware.
Well vote with your feet don’t use them again there is plenty of others
By Andy F
I've used Firefly for the past 2 years and never been disappointed/scammed/shafted or otherwise annoyed. Excellent customer service, new clean cars and no quibbles unlike Enterprise vans but that's another story...

Reasonably cheap too.
BEWARE - SPEED CHECKS CV905

Doing twice the speed limit deserve everything the[…]

non resident tax

How do I know whether I should be using 1% or 2% f[…]

Yes, still for sale - PM me if interested please

Domo phone question

I know this is an ancient topic (and phone) but ca[…]

Spanish Residency & Brexit

A message from the Consulate in Alicante for res[…]

Mossies

:D