Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

freddo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:52 pm
You can get a Generation 2 at Media mart or I have 1 for sale 20 euros

https://hometheatrelife.com/how-to-conn ... -older-tv/
Hi Fred thanks for info I just was lookin* for something while I’m here in Spain to watch the odd time my internet is the basic 20gb. Hits mobile would I get long out of this for that amount
This is my stick
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Ultra HD with Alexa Voice Remote | streaming media player
20gb streaming data - a film can be 750mb - 1.5gb+ depending on the length - HD will consume more data, so stay on standard definition channels.

Hard to give an exact answer, as data encoding varies, based on quality, though if you work on the assumption 20gb would give you 20-30 hours streaming, wouldn't be a million miles off.

If watching live TV in the evenings for 3+ hours (average), 30 days a month = 100+ hours viewing, therefore 20gb data wouldn't be nearly enough for full live TV ongoing viewing - guesstimate figures.

Also - ultimately you would be better to get an HD / newer TV - you can try to get HD to work on an older telly, with a 'SCART TO HDMI' converter, whilst is theoretically possible, often issues can occur with compatibility. This type of converter you can get on ebay/amazon.

Or stick in a satellite dish, which does not require the internet. That will give you good quality and all the free to air terrestrial channels. Then just use the Amazon stick part-time, just for the odd film etc - that way you would have enough data on 20gb mobile contract.

Paul
www.televisiontechnology.eu
Last edited by TVTechnology on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think we've just had the People's Vote, and the […]

Video tape to dvd

Hello marylou Jasons card shop on La Marina Urb us[…]

New Torrevieja forum problem

It's back up. Owner says the original issue was wi[…]

A short video of the works currently in progress o[…]

AEPD Data Protection

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I tak[…]

We are all in limbo again .. :roll:

www.torrevieja.co.uk

Thanks to Gary for everything and best wishes for […]

colinas del lago