Torrevieja Forum

This Section Is Sponsored By WWW.COSTABLANCABIKEHIRE.COM
Here you can ask questions about anything that relates to Torrevieja.
Anything not related to Torrevieja can be posted in General Chat.

Moderator: Moderator

By Info
I suppose you have to find out how much the usual add-ons are like deposit, insurance, fuel charges, extra driver, airport charges etc. You don't want any nasty surprises when you go to pick up the car. Dickmans were one of the offenders for overcharging on posts to this forum.

Bee
By old boy
Dickmans also have a reputation for very slow refunds of deposits. From memory, they actually take the deposit from your card, rather than just putting a temporary "hold" on the money as most other rental companies do.

I seem to recall that there was a thread last year or before where a poster had been unable to get the deposit placed back on their account for weeks, and it took a threat of legal action to get Dickmans to act.
By Alant1
Please think again before using that company.
I used them and unless you take their expensive insurance they will take a huge deposit from your card. Not blocked but taken and charged. Their policy I think was 14 days to return it but mine went on for over 8 weeks and even after many calls and emails no refund so I got my credit card company to refund me.

I just couldn't recommend them.
By Union man
Alant1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Please think again before using that company.
I used them and unless you take their expensive insurance they will take a huge deposit from your card. Not blocked but taken and charged. Their policy I think was 14 days to return it but mine went on for over 8 weeks and even after many calls and emails no refund so I got my credit card company to refund me.

I just couldn't recommend them.

Yes I agree. We had a late arrival. Due to Ryanair delay. They charged me € 200. What a fiasco. Had a massive row. Do not use this company. Dikimans. There terrible. And don’t use gold car there even worse. We used LUZ car. They were very good. And would highly recommend them. But make your own choice but do be careful. With your selection.
By Beardyboy
Everything that has been said is fact however, think about it. If you rent at those figures and pay the insurance, you are getting a very cheap rental. No deposit should be taken when you have paid for their added insurance.
Dickmanns are not based in the airport. You must take the lift to the lowest floor and get a minibus to their depot Down the road.

Do not even consider renting without taking their insurance...dreadful sharks.
football streaming

thanks freddo, will do. the problem with livenet i[…]

It's getting a bit like Brexit. Up today. Down tom[…]

New Members !!

Thanks but I can manage

Update on new forum

Sounds good......................... :D

Yes I decided to leave the heading like that. It's[…]

Airplane seats

Thank you

Why not put it on our FB page for Dream Hills Urb.[…]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities