Torrevieja Forum

Here you can discuss anything that you wish.
( Within Reason !!!! )

Moderator: Moderator

By Jimbo1916
Why do people feel the need to sit in front of a computer screen and express their political views to people on a forum whom they don`t even know and have never met.

We all have access to the internet and online newspapers and can read the same crap on there .. or not if you don`t want to.

Some people need to get a life. :D
By Burrababa
Jimbo1916 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:41 pm
Why do people feel the need to sit in front of a computer screen and express their political views to people on a forum whom they don`t even know and have never met.

We all have access to the internet and online newspapers and can read the same crap on there .. or not if you don`t want to.

Some people need to get a life. :D

:D :D :D :D

Social media is the answer--unfortunately sometimes it turns into unsocial media !!!---Not on this Forum though--they wouldn't dream of it--they wouldn't know how to !! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Sheff_Blade
Why do people feel the need to sit in front of a computer screen and ask why other people feel the need to sit in front of a computer screen and express their views?
By TVTechnology
To think we were offered this forum for €50,000 at one point. I laughed then and now, more so.
By TVTechnology
Social media is taking its toll.
Understatement of the century - it has managed to decimate public opinion and weaponised by the Russians and those who want to create influence for their own agenda.

Right Wing and Pro leave figured the power of social media quicker than the goverments and used it to their advantage to spread as much misinformation as possible.

I suspect we would not be in the same position with Brexit if social media influence did not exist.

Unfortunately, the days of having facebook to share experiences with friends and family does not offset the damage social media has caused.

Given the damage it's done - it should be banned entirely (of course not possible) or a very strict rule set - such as no religious pages & no politics - stick to pets, food and people sharing nice experiences - no fake news or frankly any other news needed.

Damaging and unfortunately we are all impacted over the widespread lies, misinformation and deliberately hate filled stories designed to inflame people.
Last edited by freddo on Sat May 11, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: no names please
By joncastle
TVTechnology wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:25 am
Social media is taking its toll.
Understatement of the century - it has managed to decimate public opinion and weaponised by the Russians and those who want to create influence for their own agenda.

Right Wing and Pro leave figured the power of social media quicker than the goverments and used it to their advantage to spread as much misinformation as possible.

I suspect we would not be in the same position with Brexit if social media influence did not exist.

Unfortunately, the days of having facebook to share experiences with friends and family does not offset the damage social media has caused.

Given the damage it's done - it should be banned entirely (of course not possible) or a very strict rule set - such as no religious pages & no politics - stick to pets, food and people sharing nice experiences - no fake news or frankly any other news needed.

Damaging and unfortunately we are all impacted over the widespread lies, misinformation and deliberately hate filled stories designed to inflame people.
Nothing changes but the date, my granddad gave me a very similar talk when I was a kid about the new local free press that were putting out hate stories and lies about our local councilor and airing everyone's dirty linen in public.
Last edited by freddo on Sat May 11, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: no names please
By TVTechnology
Nothing changes but the date, my granddad gave me a very similar talk when I was a kid about the new local free press that were putting out hate stories and lies about our local councilor and airing everyone's dirty linen in public
There is a fundamental change - and that is with the volume and speed the news spreads and to a far larger audience.

Now, in seconds millions of people can be told a lie, they don't even need to pick up a paper, listen to the radio or TV, as it pops up on the phones! It's the faster spread to mass audiences which is the issue - it takes longer for the truth to be stated, but the 'counterpoint' is rarely distributed. So lie first and hope those you've lied to don't investigate further - which more than often is the case.
Last edited by freddo on Sat May 11, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Please do not name names as could get the Forum in serious trouble
By Jimbo1916
TVTechnology wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:31 am
To think we were offered this forum for €50,000 at one point. I laughed then and now, more so.
It was 20, 000 pounds I seem to recall. :wink:
By TVTechnology
Believe me, it was 50! The number stuck in my head as was shocked. My guys valued it at 10-12K at the time. Perhaps it was offered again later at the lower figure?

Either way, those days are gone. The only real value is in the domain name.
By Jimbo1916
Everything has to run it`s course I suppose. Nowadays I`ve got better things to do than to sit all day on an ex-pat forum.
Bring back nostalgia I say. :D
By Jimbo1916
TVTechnology wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:19 am
Believe me, it was 50! The number stuck in my head as was shocked. My guys valued it at 10-12K at the time. Perhaps it was offered again later at the lower figure?

Either way, those days are gone. The only real value is in the domain name.
We were both way out...!!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=130779&p=1094791#p1094791
By TVTechnology
That's way after I had the 50k discussion - a couple of years or more after - perhaps by that time reality had set in. Wonder what he wants today?
Avalon Funeral Services

If you've had the unfortunate reason to use this […]

Gas fire and 2 orange (Repsol) gas bottles for sal[…]

Most of the results of today's Spanish elections a[…]

. I will return when the forum is under a more r[…]

It doesn't say. The Harbour Masters Office phone n[…]

Double bed frame 135 x 190cm (Drawers not included[…]

Rememberers service

Thank you you all it’s very nice

Flood barrier

I fell over a low one near the river canal. Made […]

New Advertising Slots and Possibilities